points - Details)
A comprehensive guide to becoming a skilled Azure DevOps engineer
- Explore a step-by-step approach to designing and creating a successful DevOps environment
- Understand how to implement continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines on Azure
- Integrate and implement security, compliance, containers, and databases in your DevOps strategies
Implementing Azure DevOps Solutions helps DevOps engineers and administrators to leverage Azure DevOps Services to master practices such as continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), containerization, and zero downtime deployments.
This book starts with the basics of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated deployments. You will then learn how to apply configuration management and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) along with managing databases in DevOps scenarios. Next, you will delve into fitting security and compliance with DevOps. As you advance, you will explore how to instrument applications, and gather metrics to understand application usage and user behavior. The latter part of this book will help you implement a container build strategy and manage Azure Kubernetes Services. Lastly, you will understand how to create your own Azure DevOps organization, along with covering quick tips and tricks to confidently apply effective DevOps practices.
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained the knowledge you need to ensure seamless application deployments and business continuity.
What you will learn
- Get acquainted with Azure DevOps Services and DevOps practices
- Implement CI/CD processes
- Build and deploy a CI/CD pipeline with automated testing on Azure
- Integrate security and compliance in pipelines
- Understand and implement Azure Container Services
- Become well versed in closing the loop from production back to development
Who this book is for
This DevOps book is for software developers and operations specialists interested in implementing DevOps practices for the Azure cloud. Application developers and IT professionals with some experience in software development and development practices will also find this book useful. Some familiarity with Azure DevOps basics is an added advantage.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to DevOps
- Everything Starts with Source Control
- Moving to Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deployment
- Dependency Management
- Infrastructure and Configuration as Code
- Dealing with Databases in DevOps Scenarios
- Continuous testing
- Security and Compliance
- Application Monitoring
- Gathering User Feedback
- Planning your Azure DevOps Organization
- AZ-400 Mock Exams