points - Details)
Over 65 recipes to equip you with everything you need to know to work with Windows Server 2016, and learn how to administer your Windows Server for optimal performance
- Discover the core functionalities of Windows Server 2016
- Explore tasks that will help you build a datacenter from scratch using Windows Server 2016
- Step-by-step instructions for common Windows Server administration duties
Windows Server 2016 is an operating system designed to run on servers. It supports enterprise-level data storage, communications, management, and applications. This book contains specially selected, detailed help on core, essential administrative tasks of Windows Server 2016.
This book starts by helping you navigate the interface of Windows Server 2016, and quickly shifts gears to implementing roles necessary in any Microsoft-centric datacenter. It will help you leverage the web services platform built into Windows Server 2016 that is available to anyone who runs this robust server operating system. You’ll also learn how to compose optimal Group Policies and monitor system performance and IP address management.
This cookbook will be a handy quick-reference guide for any Windows Server administrator, providing easy to read, step-by-step instructions for many common administrative tasks that are part of any server administrator’s job description as they administer their Windows Server 2016 powered servers.
The material in this book has been selected from the content of Packt’s Windows Server 2016 Cookbook by Jordan Krause to provide a specific focus on key Windows Server administration tasks.
By the end of this cookbook, you’ll have learnt the basics of Windows Server 2016 navigation and will be able to build the infrastructure required for a successful Windows Server network.
What you will learn
- Proficiently navigate Windows Server 2016, and explore the technologies and options
- Build the infrastructure required for a successful Windows Server network
- Move away from those open-source web server platforms and start migrating your websites to Server 2016’s Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Provide a centralized point for users to access applications and data by configuring Remote Desktop Services
- Compose optimal Group Policies
Who This Book Is For
This Windows Server book is for system administrators or IT professionals who want to learn the skills needed to manage and maintain the core infrastructure of a Windows Server 2016 environment. Prior experience in Windows Server 2012 R2 environments will be helpful.
Table of Contents
- Learning the Interface
- Core Infrastructure Tasks
- Internet Information Services
- Remote Desktop Services
- Monitoring and Backup
- Group Policy